What you need to know about COVID-19, what we’re doing to help, and Eargo FAQs answered.
We at Eargo hope that you’re doing well and are safe. During these uncertain times, we’d like to provide you with some reassurance and resources during these uncertain times. We know that what we do is crucial to your everyday life, especially in times when hearing every new bit of information is vital.
Your health is always our top priority, and we are available to you to address your hearing health needs whenever you need it, wherever you need it. Our telecare model allows our employees and licensed hearing professionals to work remotely across the country, and we’re ready to support you during this challenging period.
What We’re Doing to Help
During these uncertain times, we’ve taken extra steps to help. So far, we’ve…
1. Launched a customer hotline that you can use for a remote hearing check, consultation, or purchase of an Eargo device. Give us a call at 1 (800) 885-HEAR to connect with one of our licensed hearing professionals who will be able to support your hearing health needs from the comfort of your home. Our hotline is available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST.
3. Enhanced our 45-day risk-free trial by waiving all return fees. If Eargos aren’t a perfect fit for your mild to severe high-frequency hearing loss for any reason, simply return them for a full refund.
CDC Resources and Guidelines
Here is a short, comprehensive video from the CDC regarding the virus and steps you can take to protect yourself.
The CDC has also provided some additional tips for what older adults can do to protect themselves:
- Stay home if possible.
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid close contact (6 feet, which is about two arm lengths) with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched services.
- Avoid all cruise travel and non-essential air travel.
- Call your healthcare professional if you have concerns about COVID-19 and your underlying condition or if you are sick.
- For more information on steps you can take to protect yourself, see CDC’s How to Protect Yourself.
Stay Active, Connected, and Happy
It’s important to take steps to protect yourself from the virus, but when so many of us are under mandatory shelter in place orders, it’s equally as important to check in on your mental health and practice self-care. If you haven’t already read our blog about 11 at-home activities to keep you busy and active, now’s a great time to do so! Whether you’re binge-watching, pampering yourself, or getting reacquainted with nature, there’s no shortage of things you can do to pass the time.
Our team is here to help you and answer your questions. Here are a few of the big ones we’ve been getting, but if you don’t see your question here, feel free to call our hotline at 1 (800) 885-HEAR or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I test Eargos during my 45-day free trial if I’m at home?
There are still lots of ways you can test out Eargo to see if it’s right for you! We recommend a video chat with friends and family, so you can hear the difference Eargo makes and spend some quality time with loved ones. If you’re sheltering in place with loved ones, pull out a board game to see how your Eargos work in a noisier group environment. And if you want to test them outside, go for a walk around your neighborhood.
Can I still buy Eargo online?
Yes! As a company, we’re following strict guidelines from the CDC and taking extensive measures to ensure we are keeping our facilities clean. From our factories to USPS, everything is handled with gloves and sanitized according to the updated guidelines. But for extra peace of mind, you can keep your package unopened in a separate room for 24 hours (the length of time COVID-19 can live on cardboard), and wash your hands after you’ve opened the box.
Will I still be able to meet with a doctor?
Just because you can get Eargo without ever stepping foot in a doctor’s office or clinic doesn’t mean you won’t get professional support from licensed audiologists and licensed hearing professionals. Both before and after you get Eargo, we’ll virtually connect you with one of our licensed hearing professionals. They’ll talk with you over the phone about your hearing health and help you learn if Eargo is right for you. If it is, they’ll be with you every step of the way and are just a phone call or email away.
We’re Here For You
Your health, safety, and well-being is and always will be our top priority. Please know that our entire Eargo team is here for you, and we will do whatever we can to support you. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for regular updates. Stay healthy, and stay safe.